Join Our Team
Do you want to help guests experience the difference? Do you have a passion for customer service? Learn more about our currently open jobs and become a part of our hospitality team at Stanford Inn & Suites Grande Prairie!
It takes a lot of talented people to run a successful hotel, and our management team works hard to make sure our staff are supported, appreciated and recognized. We are dedicated to providing quality jobs in Grande Prairie, with competitive wages and a great work environment.
- Operate finishing equipment such as steam pressers, and use hand irons to finish Bed sheets, linens, towels and guest personal items such as pants, jackets, shirts, skirts and other dry cleaned and laundered articles
- Hand iron laundered fine linens or dry-cleaned silk garments
- Check finished linens, towels, garments and other articles to ensure that they are properly dry-cleaned or launderedacuum carpeting and area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture
- Record damaged or improperly dry-cleaned or laundered linens, garments and other articles
- Assemble laundered linens, towels and bag finished garments
- Match invoices with tags on guest personal garments
- May operate laundering equipment
- Prepare and cook full course meals, prepare and cook individual dishes and foods
- Ensure quality of food and determine size of food proportions
- Work with minimal supervision, prepare dishes for customers with food allergies or Intolerances
- Estimate food requirements and costs
- Inspect kitchens and food service areas, train staff in preparation, cooking and handling of food
- Order supplies and equipment
- Supervise kitchen staff and helpers
- Maintain Inventory and records of food, supplies and equipment
- Work with specialized cooking equipment (deep fryer, etc.)
- Clean kitchen and work areas
Want to be a part of the dynamic Grande Prairie Stanford team. We are looking for energetic and enthusiastic individuals to join our housekeeping department responsible for cleaning our Hotel rooms.
- Cleaning suites according to our trained procedures
- Delivering items to suites and responding to guest requests
- Sweep and mop floors
- Dust furniture and vacuum carpeting and area rugs, draperies and upholstered furniture
- Make beds, change sheets and distribute clean towels and toiletries
- Stock linen closet and supplies area
- Clean, disinfect and polish kitchen and bathroom fixtures and appliances
- Clean and disinfect common areas
Front Desk Agent
- Register arriving guests and assign rooms
- Customer service and answering enquires regarding hotel services
- Completing reservations both over the phone, via email, and in person
- Switchboard use
- General duties in the hotel setting including support for the housekeeping department
- Helping out with other office duties as required
- Ensure a safe and secure environment for guests and staff
- Ensure adherence to company policies and procedures
Prep Cook / Dishwasher
The prep cook is an individual who assists the chef in preparing the food, maintains the cooking environment clean and safe for all staff members and takes on culinary tasks as they arise. Take care of all dishes. The job requires physical endurance as well as mental determination and involves working in stress conditions for most of the time. Also, the working schedule is quite hectic, requiring working in shifts, during holidays and late evenings.
Tasks and responsibilities:
- Measures ingredients and prepares them in accordance to chef’s specifications;
- Washes and peels ingredients in order for them to be used in different meals;
- Cuts and portions different types of meat according to specifications;
- Prepares different types of food from the menu, following carefully the recipes;
- Makes stock soups to be used during cooking process;
- Portions the food and prepares the dishes for plating;
- Packages take-away food for clients;
- Places food trays under food warmers, so that the food arrives in good conditions at the table;
- Distributes the plates to be served to the waiting staff;
- Stores ingredients in dedicated containers, making sure that they are best preserved;
- Informs superiors when the ingredients stock is getting low or when the kitchen tools do not work properly;
- Cleans and sanitizes the working surfaces, tools, utensils and working area;
- Carefully supervises the food temperature and the temperature from cooling rooms, to ensure that the ingredients kept are kept at the appropriate temperature;
- Swipes the remaining food from plates and puts them in the dishwasher/washes them;
- Vacuums dining area and washes the kitchen floor before closing.
Whether you are starting a new career in hospitality or looking to expand on your industry experience; a career with us is an exciting new venture in the tourism and travel sector.
Visit our front desk to apply for one of our available hotel jobs, or submit your resume and cover letter via email - be sure to include “Job Application” in the subject line!
Thank you for your interest in Stanford Inn & Suites Grande Prairie.